About 5Sense Wellness
Sherrell created 5Sense Wellness, a mobile program designed to meet people where they are and to aid in making wellness a part of everyday living. 5Sense Wellness specifically addresses barriers and solutions to wellness in the workplace, underserved and special populations such as the elderly and special needs communities. The program is designed to educate businesses and communities about stress-related ailments and how to use tools like mindfulness, meditation, breathing techniques, gentle yoga, emotional and body awareness practices to manage stress.
- Approximately one-fourth of all major American employers now deliver some version of stress reduction.
- Wellness programs decreases stress that can harm our physical and psychological health, resulting in higher medical bills borne by employers and families.
- Better sleep, yielding better judgment, and decreasing costly mistakes.
- Wellness enhances creative thinking that can generate profitable ideas.
- Aetna reduced its health care costs by 7 percent -- a savings the CEO pegs in part to limiting stress through meditation and yoga.
- Reduces stress-related illnesses.
- Yoga is a great low-impact exercise adaptable for all levels.
- Reduces pain, anxiety, and improves management of emotions.
According to the Wellness Council of America, companies who invest in wellness programs:
- Reduces sick-leave absenteeism by an average of 26.8 percent.
- Reduces health care costs by 26 percent.
- Reduces worker's compensation and disability management claims costs by 32 percent.
- Gains an average of $5.81 for every dollar invested in health management programs.
SHERRELL MOORE-TUCKER is a best-selling author, speaker, and certified Natural Health Consultant with a passion to educate people about mind-body principles that are applicable for everyday living. She educates businesses about mind-body wellness and how it provides the foundation for stress management, self-care, and the ability to live a full and fruitful life. She speaks on various wellness topics that support corporations, small businesses, and various public health initiatives.
Sherrell is registered with the National Yoga Alliance and is a Certified Group Fitness Instructor through the Aerobics & Fitness Association of America (AFAA).
A gifted writer, she is a contributor for Faith & Fitness Magazine, Sacrifice Fitness Magazine, AFIYA Magazine, Gaiam, and Do You Yoga. Sherrell has been featured in Elite Magazine by YHA, YOGAudacious, Bold Favor Magazine, AFIYA Magazine and Mantra Yoga + Health Magazine.
A few businesses and non-profits that Sherrell has worked with:
Prince George's County Schools Andrews Air Force Base
Anne Arundel Medical Hospital PTS Rehab Works, Inc.
First Baptist Church of Glenarden
Dr. Celeste Owens Ministries
Sherial L. Randall Breast Health Ambassadors
The Balm in Gilead
Grace Covenant Church