Sherrell created 5Sense Wellness, a mobile yoga and meditation program for corporate and non-traditional settings designed to meet people where they are, and to aid in making wellness a part of everyday living. The program is designed to educate businesses, schools, and various communities about stress-related ailments and how to use tools like mindfulness, meditation, breathing techniques, yoga, emotional and body awareness practices to manage stress.
Benefits & Statistics
- Approximately one-fourth of all major American employers now deliver some version of stress reduction.
- Wellness programs decreases stress that can harm our physical and psychological health, resulting in higher medical bills borne by employers and families.
- Better sleep, yielding better judgment, and decreasing costly mistakes.
- Wellness enhances creative thinking that can generate profitable ideas.
- Aetna reduced its health care costs by 7 percent -- a savings the CEO pegs in part to limiting stress through meditation and yoga.
- Reduces stress-related illnesses.
- Yoga is a great low-impact exercise adaptable for all levels.
- Reduces pain, anxiety, and improves management of emotions.
According to the Wellness Council of America, companies who invest in wellness programs:
- Reduces sick-leave absenteeism by an average of 26.8 percent.
- Reduces health care costs by 26 percent.
- Reduces worker's compensation and disability management claims costs by 32 percent.
- Gains an average of $5.81 for every dollar invested in health management programs.